We have already told you the umpteen benefits coffee does to your skin. And today we come with a stunning eye cream, which you can do it yourself like a pro and revitalize your eye area.
Eyes are the most sensitive part of your body, and the skin under your eyes are super sensitive and always require baby like care. Excessive use of gadgets, lack of sleep and water, aging can dehydrate the under eye skin and give you the terrible racoon eyes. Also if you don't remove your eye makeup properly, it can cause dark circles. But you can bring an end to your racoon eyes with the help of coffee. Coffee is infused with antioxidants that boost the collagen production, promote blood circulation, tightens the skin and fades the racoon eyes. Along with coffee, you need other fabulous ingredients that rejuvenate your eye, read further to find out about the easiest DIY eye cream
Coffee eye cream
What you need:
¼ cup of coconut oil
¼ cup of coffee infused almond oil (recipe below)
1 tablespoon of cocoa butter
1 teaspoon jojoba oil
2 capsules of Vitamin E
5-6 drops of rosemary oil or lavender oil
Coffee infused almond oil recipe:
1. You have to first prepare coffee infused almond oil, which would take you about half an hour or a few days. There are two ways of preparing a hot infusion and cold infusion method. In the hot infusion method, you have to heat ½ cup of almond oil and add 2-3 tablespoons of coffee powder, heat for about 30-40 minutes so that the coffee infuses in the concoction. Use only when it cools down.
2. Next is the cold infusion where you have to just add 2 tablespoons of coffee powder to the ½ bottle of almond oil. Use this concoction only after 4-5 days. Keep shaking the jar so that the coffee doesn't settle down. Then with the help of coffee strainer strain, the concoction in a new jar and tada you are ready with your coffee infused the almond oil.
How to make eye cream:
1. Melt the cocoa butter in a pan and then add all the ingredients (except the rosemary oil). Keep stirring for about 2-3 minutes and then take it off the flame and let it cool.
2. Add the essential oil and then store it in a container and you will notice the mixture would harden up.
3. Use it every night before your beauty sleep and voila wake up to bright and energised look.
1. If you don't have cocoa butter, you can use beeswax, shea butter, which will smoothen your under eye skin.
2. You don't have to stick to rosemary oil, instead, you can pick your favorite essential oil which has calming properties.
3. You can store this mixture in the fridge which would help in reducing the puffiness.
Bid adieu to baggy eyes, dark circles, crow's feet and fine lines and get the healthiest looking eyes.