Summers are made for salads — big, green, fruity salads filled with all the great produce the season has to offer. This fresh summer salad recipe by Canola Oil which by the way, also happens to be one of the healthiest as well as a very versatile cooking oil is anything but ordinary. The mixed berry, mint and cucumber salad is an irresistible combination of vegetables and fruits with a tasty dressing is something that everyone will love. Usage of Canola oil for salad dressings is highly recommended as it has a neutral taste with light texture that does not overwhelm the natural flavor of other food ingredients. Take a look at this salad yummy recipe...
• 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
• 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1 Tbsp canola oil
• 1 tsp honey mustard
• 2 cups hulled and quartered fresh strawberries
• 1 cup fresh blackberries
• 1 medium cucumber, quartered lengthwise, seeded and chopped into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
• 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
• 4 large butter or Bibb lettuce leaves
1. In large bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Add strawberries, blackberries, cucumber and mint, tossing to coat.
2. Arrange lettuce leaves on individual plates. Spoon strawberry mixture onto lettuce leaves and serve.
Tips: Strawberries and black pepper work well together. For added flavor, put 1/4 tsp ground black pepper in the dressing. The strawberries and blackberries can be swapped for other fruits try raspberries and blueberries for variety. To make this a complete meal, add grilled or roasted chicken breast or grilled or steamed shrimp. And for a more savory version of the salad, add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or whole green onions.
Recipe via Canolainfo.org