Are you someone who suffers from sleepless nights? Do you wake up in the middle of the night and find it difficult to go back to bed? Then you might be suffering from insomnia, don't go for pills it can have adverse effects on your health. Instead opt for these natural drinks that will calm your nerves, relax your body and induce good sleep. Generally, for a good night's sleep, your body should produce serotonin and melatonin (hormone) levels which help your body to relax and in case any of this drops down it causes havoc in your body. So drink these tea, juices, milk and sleep like Disney princess Sleeping beauty.
1. Chamomile tea:
Chamomile tea is rich in flavonoids that have sedative effects. Also, the amino acids relax the body, helping you to have a good sleep. You can easily get this tea at your supermarket, drink it every night and sleep well.
2. Almond milk:If herbal teas aren't your cup of tea, then indulge in almond milk. Almond has magnesium, whereas milk is rich in tryptophan that enhances your sleep. Take 10-12 almonds and make a powder of it. Add this powdered almonds to the warm milk and drink it half an hour before your sleep. If you wish, you can add cinnamon powder which will relax your body and let you sleep properly.
3. Cherry juice:Cherries are a rich in melatonin that will give you the sleep that you have been craving for. Drink fresh cherry juice every night and forget to wake in the middle of the night.
4. Peppermint tea:Peppermint tea has plenty of health benefits, and it treats insomnia perfectly. Infuse mint leaves in boiling water and let it boil for 15 minutes. Drink daily night and say goodbye to the restless mind.
5. Honey milk:
Like almond milk, even raw, organic honey helps in treating insomnia. It releases melatonin that helps in calming your mind and induces perfect sleep. Make sure you add honey to warm milk and drink it an hour before you sleep.
6. Banana smoothie:Banana is rich in potassium, magnesium that is known as muscle relaxant also as it is rich in amino acids it will induce the serotonin hormone which will automatically give you a good night sleep. Blend banana and milk in a blender and drink it regularly and forget tiring mornings.
7. Coconut water:Coconut water has a small amount of Vitamin B that helps in reducing stress levels, also it is enriched with potassium which relaxes your muscles and makes you sleep like a baby.
Along with these drinks, it is important that you eat 2 hours before you sleep, avoid watching TV, videos on the phone before you sleep and always think positive before your bedtime. It will relax your mind and enhance a good sleep.